Hunting horn. Nominal pitch: 14-ft D.
Technical description: 2½ coils; yellow brass. Metal construction: mouthpipe, 3 intermediate segments and bell, with overlapping joints; seamed tubing; bell with main gusset and 2 secondary gussets near garland, garland width 35. Repair History: Portion of mouthpipe a replacement, 1983 by P. Barton, copied from mouthpipe on a trompe dauphine by Crétien (Christies auction catalogue 21.6.83 lot 10).
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:corpus diameter 545; bell diameter 275.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17437