Natural horn. Nominal pitch: 13-ft E♭.
Technical description: 3½ coils; copper with yellow brass mouthpipe and bell garland. Metal construction: mouthpipe, 4 intermediate segments and bell, ovelapping joints; all tubing probably seamed; gusseted bell, garland width 38.
Nicholas Winkings (?)
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:corpus diameter 380; bell diameter 238.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16078