Russian Bassoon. Nominal pitch: 8-ft C.
Technical description: Wooden wing, butt and long joint; brass crook, bell and keys; long crook with fold; 6 finger-holes; 3 keys for L0, R2/3/4, L0. Keyhead type: flat round.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:1053; bell 212.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17635