Flugelhorn. Nominal pitch: 4½-ftB♭.
Technical description: Brass with german silver trim. Valves give lowering of 2, 1, 3, 3 semitones respectively. Fitting for music card holder. Valve type: 4 rotary valves; rubber (?) buffers on top caps.
Probably 2nd quarter of the 20th century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Hradec KrÃ¡lové, Czechoslovakia
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:length 444; bell 139.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16184