Bersag horn. Nominal pitch: 4½-ftB♭.
Technical description: Brass, 1 valve; two loops for sling. Valve type: One Périnet valve, bottom sprung, alignment by key on piston. Repair History: New valve piston supplied and fitted, leaks soldered, dents ameliorated by S.Benzie 19.06.98-30.06.98.
Probably early 20th century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:332; bell 110 - 103.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18228