Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Ivory; 4 sections; brass key; no additional ferrules but 3 wide turned swellings at sockets; large circular embouchure-hole; socket at top of upper body, tenon on head. Keymount type: ring; touchpiece end of key elongated and turned under to form spring. Keyhead type: flat spade-shaped. Repair History: Embouchure-hole enlarged; the key is a poor quality replacement.
Ante 1736 - p1753
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:600 (without cap).
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14960