Clarinet. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Boxwood with ivory ferrules and brass keywork. Four pieces: Mouthpiece with integral barrel, upper section, middle section for the fingers of the right hand, lower section with keys and integral bell. SATK. Original boxwood mouthpiece grooved for cord. Turned guide lines in upper rings and in lowest. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a bell-shaped swelling. Zig-zag F♯₃/C♯₅. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, swelling. Keyhead type: flat square.
Hale, John [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:609 with mouthpiece and integral bell.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17333