Clarinet. Nominal pitch: A.
Technical description: Boxwood with horn ferrules and brass keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, middle section lower section with integral bell. Upper section has two square rings, SATK. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a fusiform swelling. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, swelling. Keyhead type: flat square. Repair History: The barrel is a replacement. RH section unstamped, probably a replacement.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Beraun [now Czech Republic]
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:575 to top of upper tenon.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18521