Basset clarinet. Nominal pitch: A.
Technical description: Blackwood with silver plated german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Throat B♭ vent from Akey. Extra vent for throat F♯ on L2. Plate for R1 with a connection to upper section closing two tone-holes in order to give an in-tune B₃/F♯₅. Vent hole in bell through tenon of lower section. Csharp mechanism. Joint between sections lined with german silver. Basset extension made by Stephen Fox 1998. Adjustable thumb rest with ring for a neck holder. 22keys, 5rings, one half ring, 1plate, 6black rollers. L0: T ; speaker. L1: T + ring + vent; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T + ring + vent; F♯₄ vent; alternative cross key for F₄/C₆. L3: T + ring; E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅; alternative lever for B♭₃/F₅; alternative lever for G♯₃/E♭₅. R0: E♭₃; D₃; C♯₃; C₃. R1: Plate + correspondence; side F₄/C₆; side E♭₄/B♭₅; side trill key for throat G♯-A or C₆-D₆; side trill for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C. R2: T + ring + vent. R3: T + ring (forked B♭₃/F♮₅); cross B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: G♯₃/E♭₅; F₃/C₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern.
Wurlitzer, Fritz [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16612