Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Blackwood with german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. 16keys, 5rings, 4rollers. L0: T; speaker corresponding with first ring. L1: T + ring + vent; throat A?; throat A?. L2: T + ring + vent; alternative cross key for F?/C?. L3: T + ring; E??/B??. L4: C??/G??; E?/B??; F??/C??; alternative lever for G??/E??. R1: T; side F?/C?; side E??/B??; side trill key for throat G*Sharp-A or C?-D?; side trill for throat A-B? and B?-C; alternative touchpiece for C??/G??. R2: T + ring + vent. R3: T + ring; (forked B??/F??); cross B??/F??. R4: G??/E??; F?/C?. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:556 to tenon of upper section.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16885