Clarinet. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Blackwood with german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, and bell. Original named wooden mouthpiece marked for a ligature. Curved speaker key with chimney on front of instrument. Long tailed A♭key. Csharp mechanism. 12keys, 2rings. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T; throat A♭. L3: T; cross E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T; side F₄/C₆; side trill key for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C. R2: T + spectacle. R3: T + spectacle (forked B♭₃/F♮₅); cross B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: G♯₃/E♭₅; F₃/C₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern. Repair History: Barrel glued.
1895 - c1910
Hawkes & Son [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:499, 565 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17208