Lower section of a basset horn. Nominal pitch: presumablyF.
Technical description: Lower section of a basset horn. Boxwood with ivory knee and brass keywork and ferrule with device for a cord. 7keys (L4C♯₄/G♯₅ on knee; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅; R0D₃; C₃; R4G♯₃/E♭₅); 3tone-holes. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, Keyhead type: square flat
Freyer, Johann Gottlieb
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:lower section without knee but with tenon 350.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16837