Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Blackwood with silver plated german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Zig-zag speaker with chimney on left side of the instrument. German silver tube in thumb-hole. Alternative touchpiece for C♯₄/G♯₅. Tenon-socket joint of sections lined with german silver. Disconnectable Csharp mechanism. No E₃/F₃ vent. 17keys, 5rings, 1plate, 4black rollers. L0: T; speaker corresponding with first ring. L1: T + ring + vent; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T + ring + vent; alternative cross key for F₄/C₆. L3: T + ring; E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅; alternative lever for B♭₃/F₅; alternative lever for G♯₃/E♭₅. R1: T + ring + vent; side F₄/C₆; side E♭₄/B♭₅; side trill key for throat G-A or C₆-D₆; side trill for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C; alternative touchpiece for C♯₄/G♯₅. R2: Plate. R3: T + ring (forked B♭₃/F♮₅); cross B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: G♯₃/E♭₅; F₃/C₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern. Repair History: The mouthpiece is a replacement. The bell is a replacement.
Oehler, Oskar [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:590, 660.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15171