Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Boxwood with german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Original blackwood mouthpiece, socket type, not grooved for cord. Barrel with tenon. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a bell-shaped swelling. Bevelled G♯₃/E♭₅. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T; trill key for throat A-B♮. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, swelling. Keyhead type: flat round.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:638 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15903