Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭/A.
Technical description: Blackwood with ivory ferrules and brass keywork. Seven pieces: upper section (B♭), middle section (B♭) for the fingers of the right hand, upper section (A), middle section (A), lower section with keys, bell. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a fusiform swelling. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T. G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, swelling. Keyhead type: flat square.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Cambridge/Massachusetts/United States of America
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:(B?) 600, (A) 631.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16521