Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Cocus; 4sections plus 2extra upper body sections (corps-de-rechange); silver keys and keymounts; 5ivory ferrules; wooden cap with ivory disc inlaid; small oval embouchure-hole; small left-hand finger-holes; cork under keytouches; G♯key-hole on nearside of body, with Ckeyshank arched to curve over G♯keyshank.With corps 1 or 2, L0: B♭. L1: T. L1: T. L2: T. L2: T. L3: T. L3: T. L4: G♯. R0:, R0:, R1: T. R1: T; C. R2: T. R2: T. R3: T; F. R3: T; F. R4: D♯.With corps 3, R4: D♯. Keymount type: rod/pillar, with crescent, oval and extended rectangle base plates screwed into wood. Keyhead type: thin flat round, curved to fit around body of instrument, with shank extending in a V onto the keyhead; foot keyhead large, slightly rounded rectangle attached by rotating screw in loops on top of the keyhead to a small disc at the end of the keyshank (for accuracy of pad-seating on the large key-hole beneath); each keyshank has decorative detail; leaf springs. Repair History: Head cracks sealed and pinned.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.2 Partly-stopped side-blown flutes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:633 with corps 1; 626 with corps 2; 621 with corps 3.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16001