Trompe contrebasse Nominal pitch: 28-ftD.
Technical description: 7*three-quarter coils; brass. Metal construction: mouthpipe, 8 intermediate segments and bell, terraced joints; wired bell rim, no garland.
Possibly made by Millereau
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:748; corpus diameter c450; bell 324.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16234