Bass valve trombone. Nominal pitch: G.
Technical description: brass; ligature fixing at joint; fitting for music card holder; water-key on m.t.s. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, bottom sprung; alignment by key on piston.
Early 20th century, possibly c1920
Salvationist Publishing & Supplies Ltd
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.233.2 Valve trumpets with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.233.2 Valve trumpets with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:953; bell 191.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16780