Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Blackwood with silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Speakers curves round to front of instrument with chimney on left, corresponding to ring for L1. Silver bushing in thumb hole. Alternative touchpiece for C♯₄/G♯₅. 17 keys, 5 rings, 1 plate, 4 black rollers. L0: T; speaker corresponding with first ring. L1: T + ring + vent; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T + ring + vent; alternative cross key for F₄/C₆. L3: T + ring; E ♭₄/B ♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B₄; F♯₃/C♯₅; alternative lever for B♭₃/F₅; alternative lever for A♭₃/E♭₅. R1: T + ring + vent; side F₄/C₆; side E♭₄/B♭₅; side trill key for throat G-A or C₆-D₆; side trill for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C; alternative touchpiece for C♯₄/G♯₅. R2: Plate. R3: T + ring (forked B♭₃/F₅); cross B♭₃/F₅. R4: A♭₃/E♭₅; F₃/C₅. Keymount type: pillars. Keyhead type: modern.
Oehler, Oskar [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:670; 590 to top of barrel.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15582