Cornopean, 3 valves 1 key, case, Nominal pitch: B♭ etc.
Technical description: Brass; with clapper key; valves in V-formation; false tubing from mouthpipe to stay between valves 1 and 3 to give the general appearance of a 2-valve cornet. Valve type: 3 Stölzel valves.,
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:283; bell 119.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/50251