Cornet in Bb, case, Nominal pitch: B♭ etc.
Technical description: Brass, silver-plated with gold-plate inside bell, on valve caps, stems and touchpieces, ferrules and slide pull knobs. 'Koenig' wide-bore model. Two main tuning-slides. Leadpipe enters 3rd valve casing at 15° right of front; 3rd valve loop leaves from left and returns to 15° left of front; bellpipe exits 1st valve casing at the left. No water-key. With bit, shanks for B♭ and A, crooks for A♭, G and F. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, top-sprung with spring inside hollow stem; alignment by three unequal lugs on spring plate.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:315; bell 126.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18656