Technical description: boxwood; 3 sections; silver key (D♯); ivory mouthpiece; 6 finger-holes, no thumb-hole; wind-cap.; Type or system: 1 key.; Keyhead type: flat round.; Keymount type: ring.; Usable pitch: sounding A₄ c|442|Hz.; Performance characteristics: based on a scale of D (six-finger tonic); lowest six-finger note sounds D₅; slightly muffled sound in present condition.
Early-to-mid 19th century
French, Georges [Person]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped "D".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 401.; Sounding length: 259.; Bore: