Technical description: Nickel-plated brass with 4½ long straight sections and detachable crook fitting upwards into half-length section with ligature screw restraint. The toneholes are almost as wide as the bore so that only one at a time need be opened since no further venting is required. External diameter of crook at tip c|7.5mm.Three bows with ferrule-covered joints at each end; proximal bow without joints. With three rings for carrying strap, water-key on crook, but no fitting for music-card holder. Curved rests for each hand. Two keys for L0; five keys in line for left hand fingers (two for L4 with rollers); five keys including two simple speakers for R0; five keys in line for right hand fingers (two for R4 with rollers).; Nominal pitch: probably E♭.; Type or system: 17 keys.; Keyhead type: modern cup.; Keymount type: pillars on plates.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell at front with five-pointed star / lyre and wreath trademerk / "PREMIATO STABILTO." / "A.|RAMPONE / MILANO" in cartouche / "ESPORTAZIONE MONDIALE" / "A.|RAMPONE / Ditte Riunite / B.|CAZZANI & CO." in broken ellipse / five-pointed star; on bell at rear "7639".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 990; bell 242.; Sounding length: ; Bore: Crook tenon 13.95.