English hunting horn.
Technical description: Copper, with simple bead bell reinforcement. Single coil, oval bell. Proximal end slightly widened to create an almost cylindrical mouthpiece receiver.; ; ; ; ; ; ;
Swaine & Adeney [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 125; bell 34-69.; Sounding length: minimum 340.; Bore: minimum 9.34Dia of mouthpiece receiver: 9.75.Depth of mouthpiece receiver: 15.