Technical description: Brass with german silver garland, long ferrule, stays and stay plates, clamp screw, fitting for music-card holder, valve components. Tuning shank with ligature screw clamping, butterfly head to screw. With coiled tuning shank for E♭.; Nominal pitch: F|/|E♭.; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|446|Hz.; Valve type: 3 rotary valves, cork buffers on valve caps; clock springs in drums.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 265; bell 92.5.; Sounding length: minimum 976.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|165mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.3; valve cluster from 227mm to 322mm from mouthpiece receiver (with shank), v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 10.5; at 488mm from bell end, c|12.3; at c|297mm from bell end, 17.4.B|=|0.66.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.15 - 10.55.