Technical description: Brass with german silver ferrules, stay plates, reinforcement wire at bell rim, and valve parts. No gusset in bell. With pink corded grip bound around bell pipe. No water-key or fitting for music-card holder. Valve type: 3 rotary valves, cork buffers mounted on valve caps; clock springs in octagonal drums.; Nominal pitch: B♭. Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|452.4|Hz.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell with eagle / "AUG. CLEMENS GLIER / MUSIKINSTRUMENTEN / MANUFAKTUR / MARKNEUKIRCHEN i S.".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 370; bell 155.; Sounding length: minimum 1314.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|35mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 11.1; valve cluster from 76mm to 181mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 11.2; main tuning-slide from 181mm to 416mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bore 11.2; at 657mm from bell end, c|14.75; at c|424mm from bell end, 20.9; at 16mm from bell end, 100.5.B|=|0.63.Bell cutoff |1200|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: 11.05, no taper.