Technical description: Copper with brass garland, mouthpiece receiver sheath, chimneys and finger-hook for L4 or L5; with german-silver bridge and keywork. A finger-rest passes over the 3rd key from the bell. The keys with leaf springs SATK, the spring ends running in channels inside the keymounts.The open-standing bell key has a screw adjustment to regulate opening.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 7 keys.; Keyhead type: domed cup.; Keymount type: saddles.; ; ;
Greenhill, Joseph [Person]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on a silver plate on the bell "Jos. Greenhill / 18 Little Britain / London"
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to 6th key 441; bell 146.; Sounding length: maximum 1188.; Bore: instrument body at c|6mm from shank/crook receiver (local minimum bore), 12.55; at 594mm from bell end, c|22.3; at c|366mm from bell end, 31.55; at 7.5mm from bell end, 113.5.B|=|0.51 (all keys closed).Bell cutoff |1100|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.75 - 12.55 at 7mm from end.