Technical description: Copper with brass ferrules, shank receiver sheath, garland, chimneys, keywork; main tube in two segments with ferrule-covered joint near eighth key; two bands on shank receiver sheath. Tuning shank with ligature restraining screw on shank receiver. A finger-rest passes over the 3rd key from the bell. The keys with leaf springs SATK, the spring ends running in channels inside the keymounts. The open-standing bell key has a screw adjustment to regulate opening.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 8 keys.; Keyhead type: flat round.; Keymount type: saddles.
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to 6th key 427; bell 143.; Sounding length: maximum 1210.; Bore: tuning shank at 29mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 11.5; at 605mm from bell end, c|20.0; at c|381mm from bell end, 28.3; at 8mm from bell end, 112.B|=|0.51 (all keys closed).Bell cutoff |1300|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.05 - 11.65.