Technical description: German silver, single ferrule-covered joint. French bell rim.; Nominal pitch: C. Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|460|Hz.
Besson, Gustave Auguste [Person]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 267; bell 106.5.; Sounding length: minimum 1100.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|53mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 8.45; at 550mm from bell end, c|10.5; at c|177mm from bell end, 16.25.B|=|0.63.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 9.8 - 9.05.