Technical description: Brass, straight, with long copper mouthpipe sheath and copper garland. Circumferential soldered seamed joint in middle. Brass ferrule at mouthpiece receiver.; Nominal pitch: 4½-ft B♭. Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|460|Hz.
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "F.|PÉRINET / 31|RUE COPERNIC|31 / PARIS".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1262; bell 103.5.; Sounding length: 1262.; Bore: at c|30mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 8.85; at 631mm from bell end, c|12.1; at c|302mm from bell end, 17.1; at 15mm from bell end, 64.5.B|=|0.60.Bell cutoff |1300|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 9.3 - 8.85.