Technical description: Composite instrument. Silver-plated brass, bell rim with flat wire at the back. With finger-hook for R4, water-key and fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: B? etc.; ; ; ; ; ;
Late 19th century (bell); c|1901 (valves)
Composite: Metzler bell with Besson valves.
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "METZLER & CO / LONDON / Edgar Horne / Agent / DERBY"; stamped on 2nd valve casing "32" and below indistinct characters in an ellipse typical of Besson, and below "72131".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 300; bell 124.; Sounding length: ; Bore: main tuning-slide, m.t.s bore 11.45; auxiliary main tuning-slide, m.t.s bore 11.65; valve cluster, v.t.s. bore (3,2,1) 11.8.