Technical description: Brass with german silver garland, ferrules, bow guard, thumb ring, sling ring plates and valve parts. Oval form, four valves in line. With water-key on main tuning-slide. With fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: 4 valves in-line.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|460|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Embossed on brass plate on bell "VYROBA / HUDEBNICH NASTROJU*U / FR. LUKAVEC. PRAHA / Z*VIZ*VKOV / HUSOVA 33".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from highest point on bell to bow guard blade 779; bell 254.; Sounding length: minimum 2560.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|5mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 12.55; valve cluster from 322mm to 492mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3,4) 14.0; main tuning-slide from 492mm to 894mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bores 14.0 - 15.6; at 1280mm from bell end, c|26.2; at c|990mm from bell end, 37.1.B|=|0.48.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.95 - 12.55 over 5mm.