Technical description: Gilding metal with brass ferrules and mechanism; French bell rim. Double-slide model; plated inner slides; windway runs: crook receiver - fixed inner slide - moving inner slide - fixed inner slide - moving inner slide - bell; expansion spring slide return in central tubes; maximum slide extension 143 (adding 572 to sounding length); twin finger hooks reminiscent of double clockspring cases. Very long dummy tubing extending towards bell to give semblance of two yards and a bow. With (470a) curved shank for F and (470b) E crook, (470c) E? crook, (470d) D crook with its own tuning-slide, (470e) D? crook with its own tuning-slide, (470f) C crook with its own tuning-slide. Double water-key with single touchpiece. Fitting for music-card holder underneath.; Nominal pitch: F etc.; Type or system: Double-slide model.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|452.4|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "6 / Wyatts / PERFECTED PATENT / 123|Portman Buildings / MARYLEBONE / N.W."; on curved shank (470a) "F"; on crooks (470b) "E|6", (470c) "E?|6", (470d) "D|6" and on ferrule "Wyatts Patent", (470e) "D?|6" and on ferrule "Wyatts Patent", (470d) "C|6" and on ferrule "Wyatts Patent".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to slide bows proximal 601; bell 108.5.; Sounding length: minima 1750 (in|F), 1829 (in|E), 1925 (in|E?), 2043 (in|D), 2198 (in|D?, 2248 (in|C).; Bore: mouthpipe at c|20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.85 (shank for F); tuning-slides of D, D? and C crooks 10.9; slide section at c|325mm from mouthpiece receiver (with shank for F), inner slides bore 11.05; at 875mm from bell end, 11.05; at c|232mm from bell end, 15.65; at 15.5mm from bell end, 67.5.B|=|0.81 (with shank for F), B|0.80 (with crook for E), B|0.81 (with crook for E?), B|0.81 (with crook for D).Bell cutoff |1300|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. of F shank 11.05 - 10.85; E|crook 11.25 - 10.8; E?|crook 11.35 - 10.85; D|crook 11.3 - 10.85; D?|crook ; 11.3 - 10.8; C|crook 11.35 - 10.85.