Technical description: Brass, French bell rim. Slide with german silver stockings. Water-key with coiled spring.; Nominal pitch: E?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|452.4|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "EXCELSIOR / CLASS / HAWKES & SON / 28 / Leicester Square / LONDON"; at back of bell near rim "10090"; on slide section at mouthpiece receiver "HAWKES / & SON / LONDON".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 782; bell 133.; Sounding length: minimum 1935.; Bore: at c|25mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.9; expanding by 40mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore c|11.0; descending slide, 10.9; ascending slide, 11.45; main tuning-slide from 652mm to 383mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 12.7 - 14.05; at c|311mm from bell end, 16.2; at 24.0mm from bell end, 70.5.B|=|0.76.Bell cutoff |1100|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 10.9 - 10.95.