Tenor trombone, German model.
Technical description: Brass with german silver bow guards, central parts of stays, bell pipe stay plates. White metal inner slide with stockings partially shrunk over the lower ends of the inner slides. The inner slides are each about 45mm shorter than the cylindrical parts of the outer slides. No tuning-slide. Bell flare with a large gusset and French bell rim. Spring buffers. The outer slide stay is mobile. The joint has a cylindrical tenon with ligature screw restraint; with water-key, no slide lock.; Nominal pitch: B?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "Amati / KRASLICE / MADE IN CZECHOSLOVAKIA".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from snake ornament on bell bow to snake ornament on slide bow, slide springs not compressed, 1175; bell 229.; Sounding length: minimum 2708.; Bore: at c|40mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 12.45; descending slide, 12.45; ascending slide, 13.5; at c|584mm from bell end, 19.1; at 41.5mm from bell end, 105.B|=|0.73.Bell cutoff |800|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.85 - 12.5.