Technical description: Brass with german silver ferrules.; Nominal pitch: B♭ + F + E♭.; Type or system: Two dependent valves. Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|440|Hz.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "50|MEDALS OF HONOUR" within banner / monogram FB / "BESSON" / five-pointed star / "LONDON - PARIS - NEW YORK / MADE IN ENGLAND"; on back of bell near stay with the serial number, now illegible.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from tuning-slide bow proximal to tipof main slide buffer 1188; bell 226.; Sounding length: minimum 2736.; Bore: at c|77mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 12.2; expanding at 200mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore c|13.85; descending slide, 13.85; ascending slide, 13.85; F|valve at 1692mm from bell end, v.t.s. bore 14.6; main tuning-slide from 922mm to 500mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 16.5 - 22.1; at c|648mm from bell end, 16.3; at 32.5mm from bell end, 119.B|=|0.68.Bell cutoff |800|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 13.5 - 13.0.