This flattop steel string guitar has a hardwood neck – most likely birch – with a nonadjustable truss rod, and a back, body, and sides of plywood. The instrument has a brown "sunburst" finish and has been airbrushed to mimic the appearance of flamed maple. The fingerboard is a light coloured hardwood that has been dyed black. There are position markers at the fifth, seventh, ninth, and 12th frets. Somewhat unusually for a flattop guitar, the bridge of the instrument is in the floating bridge and tailpiece configuration more usually associated with arch top guitars.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:UNI-BAR REINFORCED NECK|MADE IN USA
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:321.322 Necked box lutes or necked guitars
- Repository:International Anthony Burgess Foundation
- Measurements:L 915; String length: 599