Military side drum
Military side drum with emblazoned wooden shell (metallic painting) and wooden counterhoops, with 14-inch synthetic heads mounted in aluminum flesh hoop. Rod-tensioning with claws and double-sided wall lugs (8 rods). Adjustable top wire snare with lever, and straight-lay bottom wire snare with tensioning screw. The batter head has 3 metal feet painted in red. Used by the Hong Kong Military Service Corps.
G. Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Aldershot (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.11 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Heraldic emblazonment of the Hong Kong Military Service Corps, with cap badge (Chinese dragon passant).
- Inscriptions:Painted on shell in black gothic script, on a golden rectangle: George Potter & Co. Potter's Corner ALDERSHOT|Black metal plate with silver lettering, near the snare hook: George Potter & Co / PHONE ALDERSHOT 22100 (and) ALDERSHOT, ENGLAND. (and) GRAMS POTTER ALDERSHOT|Stamped on same black metal plate: 879
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.11 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing
- Repository:National Army Museum
- Measurements:Height: 375mm; Diameter: 370mm