Military side drum
Military side drum with wooden and wooden counterhoops, 14-inch skin heads, rope-tensioned with rectangular leather braces. The counterhoops have 8 drilled holes through which the tensioning rope passes. Adjustable snare with 16 twisted wire snares. Associated with the Royal Green Jackets, Army Cadets.
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.11 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Royal Green Jackets cap badge decal on shell.
- Inscriptions:Stamped on snares plate: NEW ERA / MADE IN ENGLAND
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.11 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing
- Repository:National Army Museum
- Measurements:Height: 395mm; Diameter: 365mm