Circular bugle horn
Triple-coiled, circular horn or bugle horn made entirely of brass with French rim bell. Nickel-silver mouthpiece. This instrument was presented by Captain Hedley Vicars to Bugler E. Jones, in 1854. It is associated with the Siege of Sevastopol, Crimean War (1854-1856).
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Yellow cord and tassels.
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell: Presented by / Captain Hedley Vicars / to / Bugler E. Jones / 1854
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:National Army Museum
- Measurements:Corpus diameter: 135mm; Bell diameter: 103-109mm