Side Drum, aluminium, 1911-1914; used by the 2nd Battalion Royal Irish Regiment; front painted blue with royal arms in centre below George V cypher and regimental name, the whole on a trophy of union flags above a white sphinx inscribed with battle honours, to the left and right are further battle honours, motto and maker’s name, George Potter and Co, Aldershot painted in red on either side of the battle honours and impressed in metal; twisted flesh hoops, drum heads whole; eight cord holes with brass cord slides; white blancoed cord; straight and plaited drag rope; three ball legs on upper hoop painted blue/ black outside with red edge and white worm and white inside with red edge and blue worm; eight snares.
G. Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Aldershot (Timezone: Europe/London)