Side Drum, brass, 1898, repainted 1905 (c); used by the 1st Battalion Prince of Wales’s Leinster Regiment (Royal Canadians); front painted blue with Prince of Wales’s Plumes in centre and crowned oval garter bearing the regimental name between laurel sprays, the whole above scrolls bearing battle honours, to the right on a label is painter’s name, Boosey and Co, London, and impressed in metal is maker’s name, Henry Potter and co, London; flesh hoops and drum heads whole; nine cord holes painted blue outside with red edge and white worm, and painted white inside with red edge and blue worm; white blancoed cords; straight plaited drag rope; three ball feet on upper hoop.
Henry Potter & Co [Corporation]Boosey & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)