Side drum, 1905-1914; aluminium; front painted blue with central decoration including royal arms, George V cypher, gold scroll inscribed with regimental name, the whole above decoration and scrolls inscribed with battle honours; maker’s name, George Potter and Co, Aldershot inscribed in red on both vertical panels and impressed in metal to the right; flesh hoops and drum heads whole; eight rope holes with iron cord slides; white blancoed cord; half plaited drag rope passing all cords; three square section legs on upper hoop painted blue outside with red edge and white worm, painted white inside with red edge and blue worm; used by 2nd Battalion Royal Irish Regiment.
G. Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Aldershot (Timezone: Europe/London)