Clarinet in C
Clarinet made of boxwood, in five sections (barrel, upper, middle and lower body joints, and bell) with ivory ferrules and brass keywork. Six keys mounted in blocks and lower joint stock bulge, with flat, square covers, and flat springs attached to keys. Wooden mouthpiece with grooves. Nominal pitch: C. This instrument is part of the Albert C. Spencer collection.
Goulding & Co [Corporation]
Royal Pavilion and Museums Brighton
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: GOULDING & Co. / LONDON|Stamped on body joints: GOULDING & Co.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Pavilion and Museums Brighton
- Measurements:Height: 595mm; Bell diameter: 75mm