Nominal pitch: G (three-finger tonic). Type or system: 1 key. Technical description: boxwood; 3 sections; brass key (D?); ivory mouthpiece and studs between finger-holes; 7 finger-holes plus thumb-hole; ebony plug in top finger-hole; wind-cap. Keyhead type: flat octagonal. Keymount type: ring. Performance characteristics: based on a scale of G (three-finger tonic); lowest six-finger note sounds D?; seven-finger note (covering all holes) sounds C??.
Early-to-mid 19th century
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped "J.W. MOFFATT / LONDON".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 431. Sounding length: 276.