This is a small bird call whistle made of carved bone, having a curved and conical shape, with a hollow bore. A small bird is nailed to the flare.
Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.111.11 Open single end-blown flutes without fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Bands of raised and indented design with incisions of repetitive patterns. Small carved bird with folded back wings and long tail feathers.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.111.11 Open single end-blown flutes without fingerholes
- Repository:Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
- Measurements:Height: 23mm; Length: 60mm; Diameter: 15mm