A dance rattle made with a strap of thick leather having seven suspended brass spherical bells and a triangular decorative panel attached. The belt is assembled through a iron alloy buckle.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:The decorative panel is consisted of red, yellow and dirty white pompom fringes, and row of cowrie shells on red felt on lower two edges, and the center area has three circular mirrors, and light blue, green, yellow, mustard and white beads.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:112.13 Vessel rattles
- Repository:Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
- Measurements:Height: 260mm; Width: 310mm