Early diatonic harp made with a wooden body, column and neck, with accommodation for 35 strings (all missing) that would be attached to roughly square-shaped tuning pins at the neck frame. The body back is covered with some kind of canvas cloth, and has three soundholes.
Cyfarthfa Castle Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:322.211 Diatonic frame harps without tuning action
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Fluted column and foliage appliqué.
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on neck: W. F. Frost / Harpist and D. Thomas / Maker
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:322.211 Diatonic frame harps without tuning action
- Repository:Cyfarthfa Castle Museum