Oboe made of boxwood in three sections (upper and lower body joints, and bell), with nickel-silver keywork. It has seven saltspoon-cup keys mounted in knobs and raised rings, with flat springs attached to keys. The third fingerhole is double, with an oval cove. The bell has two vent-holes and an old crack repair made with twine. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on both body joints: W. MILHOUSE / LONDON|Stamped on bell: [crown] / W. MILHOUSE / LONDON / 337 OXFORD ST.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Measurements:Height: 570mm; Bell diameter: 70mm