Bugle in C
Double-coiled bugle made of copper with brass trimmings (rim, ferrules, mouthpiece receiver, and ring plate). Large brass ring located at bell rim. Nominal pitch: 4-foot C.
Moritz, Carl Wilhelm [Person]
Museum of Army Music
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Berlin (Timezone: Europe/Berlin)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on back of garland: C. W. Moritz / Berlin / 1911|Embossed oval plate on bell with a German eagle and FR cypher.|Stamped on garland: 78. R.6.C.1.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 250mm; Height: 200mm; Bell diameter: 100mm x 120mm; Sounding length: 1090mm